Latest News from Liverpool FC

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Express: Martinez provides hope

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Fun with Brazilian Portuguese

Learn the tips and tricks to speak colloquial Portuguese in a natural and confident manner. Enroll today for just $69!
From our sponsors
Express: Martinez provides hope
Aug 14th 2013, 08:37

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

JACKSON MARTINEZ has given Tottenham and Liverpool hope that he could still join the Premier League this summer after denying reports he has signed a new contract at Porto.

Reports from Italy suggested that a move to Napoli fell through after Martinez signed a new four-year contract at Porto.

But now the Colombian striker has slammed those reports and insisted he could still leave this summer.

Indeed, Martinez has suggested that his preference is to remain at Porto but he could still consider a move away if contract talks with Porto do not progress smoothly.

Speaking to A Bola Martinez said: "I don't want to force my departure from Porto. In fact, I really hope not to.

"Today the question I have is whether I extend my contract or go elsewhere.

"Apart from that there is nothing else to say."

And Martinez was scathing in his criticism of the media that reported a new contract had been signed with Porto.

He added: "The problem is that I hear things that are not true.

"For example, the press reported that I had agreed a new contract until 2018.

"I hadn't even started to think about it because nobody at Porto had called me to talk about it."

Responding to accusations that it was the player's agent who leaked news of a contract extension at Porto to the press, Martinez said: "I find it hard to understand how this news came out and would rather not talk about who is responsible.

"But it is in very bad taste to release things on a subject that was never discussed.

"At the moment I've commenced training and FC Porto have now shown an interest in renewing my contract."

Porto have previously insisted that any club hoping to sign Martinez this summer must pay his full £35m release clause.

Source: Daily Express

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment