Latest News from Liverpool FC

Friday 19 April 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Sky Sports: Stopper pledges future

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Sky Sports: Stopper pledges future
Apr 19th 2013, 15:13

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

 

Michel Vorm insists he is happy at Swansea despite reports linking him with a move away from the Liberty Stadium.

The Swans goalkeeper reportedly told Dutch magazine Voetbal International that it would be "special" to be reunited with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, the man who snapped him up for just £1.5m from Utrecht two years ago.

And while the Dutch international has been linked with a move to Anfield, as well as Arsenal and Barcelona, he claimed his comments on Rodgers had been misinterpreted.

Speaking to the club's official website, Vorm said: "The comments that came out of the interview from the Dutch press have been lost in translation.

"They asked me about Brendan, and I said I enjoyed working under him. Of course I did, he was the man that brought me here and we had a successful season.

"But I did not say I wanted to go to Liverpool or anywhere else - I am very happy here at Swansea. Not once have I told my agent or the chairman Huw Jenkins that I want to leave here."

Vorm also played down suggestions linking him with a move to Barcelona, he said: "The Barcelona story was a shock to me.

"It's quite funny when I think about it, because I had a couple of days free so I wanted to fly somewhere close and sunny, so my family went to Barcelona.

"I had a great time with my wife and my two kids. We went to Barcelona Zoo, but I can tell you we were not buying souvenirs at the Camp Nou."

And the Dutchman made it clear where he has pledged his future.

"This season has been incredible for us," added Vorm. "We are doing so well in the league and, of course, we won the Capital One Cup which means we are playing in Europe next season.

"I've played European football before and it will be great for everyone at this club - the players, staff, directors, supporters and also the city of Swansea.

"Everyone is looking forward to being a part of that adventure - myself included - but first of all we must ensure that we finish this season strongly."

Source: Sky Sports

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment