Latest News from Liverpool FC

Sunday 30 June 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Goal: Sakho flattered by Reds' interest

Changes are afoot at Blogtrottr!
By popular request, we're bringing in paid plans with some cool new features (and more on the way). You can read all about it in our blog post.
News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Goal: Sakho flattered by Reds' interest
Jun 30th 2013, 08:35

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Mamadou Sakho has revealed Liverpool and AC Milan are interested in his services and admits he is open to a summer move after growing disillusioned with life at Paris-Saint-Germain. 

The 23-year-old made 30 appearances for the club last season but often found himself out of favour, with Thiago Silva and Alex the first choice centre-back pairing of now former boss Carlo Ancelotti.

And though les Parisiens have offered the Frenchman a new contract, Sakho is considering leaving the club he joined as a youngster in a bid for more playing time.

"I have to make a decision, PSG is my club, I was born here and I learned my football here... I want to play for this club all my life, but it is clear that I do not want to sit on the bench," Sakho told reporters.

"I have not played as much as I would have liked last season because of the choices of the coach. Every player wants to play every week, too. There is an offer on the table."

A number of clubs have been credited with an interest in the defender, with Liverpool, Newcastle and AC Milan all in the running for his signature, and he revealed he will speak to coach Laurent Blanc before opening negotiations with interested parties.

"I'll be able to talk with the new coach and see what he thinks. I am flattered by the interest of historic clubs like Liverpool and AC Milan. We will see what happens in the near future." 

Source: Goal.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment