Latest News from Liverpool FC

Thursday 25 July 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Mail: Piazon prefers English loan

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Mail: Piazon prefers English loan
Jul 25th 2013, 08:24

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Lucas Piazon is searching for a year on loan at a Premier League club in the hope he can match the progress made by Romelu Lukaku at West Bromwich Albion.

Liverpool and Crystal Palace are among those interested in signing the 19-year-old Brazilian, who had six months at Malaga last season has been advised to spend another year on loan by Jose Mourinho.

'To be fair, I think I am too young to be playing at Chelsea,' said Piazon. 'So I'm fine. It's hard to break into this Chelsea team. They have great players, we all know this. But I will try. I will do my best.

'It's important for me to stay in England and get used to the league where Chelsea play. English football is different to Spanish.

'I have to work hard and believe and have confidence. There are many things together that can happen. I have to be prepared for any situation. It's good for me to be going out on loan.'

Piazon arrived at Chelsea from Sao Paulo, two years ago. 'I'm 19, still young,' he said. 'I came from Brazil to play for Chelsea. Of course, I understand it is important to go on loan but I want to play here. It would be good for my future to play in England this year and it is important to find the right club before the start of the season.'

For inspiration, he has Lukaku, lined up for a place in Mourinho's first-team squad after 17 goals for West Brom last season, and Kevin de Bruyne, also back at Chelsea after a successful year on loan in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen.

Piazon added: 'I've spoken a lot to Romelu and Kevin. Both of them had great seasons and it was good to speak to them to see how they felt and how they found it and how they coped mentally with this.

'They told me I had to just go and play, think only about playing. That was the most important thing for them.'

The need for game time could give a club like Palace the edge, as they seek a replacement for Wilfried Zaha. Piazon is versatile but prefers to operate wide.

'I've played as a No.10 but I think my best position is as a left-winger,' said Piazon, speaking at a coaching session for Indonesian children in Jakarta, where Chelsea are planning to install a 'Blue Pitch' training facility for young footballers in the shadow of the national stadium.

'If I go on loan I would like to play as a left-winger. I like to play as a No.10 but at Malaga and in the Chelsea Academy I always played as a left-winger, so it is easier for me. I feel more comfortable there.

'I have no idea where I will go. I told everyone I would concentrate on this part of pre-season and I will talk about it when I get back to England.' 

Source: Daily Mail

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment