
Iago Aspas says he instantly rejected offers from Italy and Portugal when he heard Liverpool were interested in signing him.
The Spanish forward is hoping to complete a deal to join the Reds from Celta Vigo, despite a contractual dispute that has held up the deal.
But he revealed today that he had no interest in any other club once he knew Brendan Rodgers was keen.
"When I heard of Liverpool's interest I did not hesitate even for a minute," the 25-year-old told Marca , the daily sports newspaper.
"It is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I also had offers from Italy and Portugal and other countries I decided that my future was in English football."
Marca puts the fee Liverpool will pay at around €8.5m.
"I am very calm but at the same time very excited because I am making a very significant step forward in my sporting career," he said.
Source: Daily Mirror
No comments:
Post a Comment