Latest News from Liverpool FC

Sunday, 9 June 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Sky Sports: Spaniard on future

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Sky Sports: Spaniard on future
Jun 9th 2013, 09:15

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Iago Aspas insists his future is in English football after speculation linking the Celta Vigo striker with Liverpool.

The 25-year-old, heavily linked with a move to Anfield, impressed in the Primera Division last season scoring 12 goals.

And Aspas, who reportedly cancelled a holiday to discuss terms with Liverpool this week, admits he rejected offers from elsewhere when he heard the Merseyside outfit were interested.

Aspas told Spanish newspaper Marca: "I was forced to cancel my holiday in the Caribbean, but the reason I did more than justifies why.

"When I heard of Liverpool's interest I did not hesitate even for a minute.

"Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I had offers from Italy and Portugal and other countries I decided my future was in English football.

"I hope I will get help from (Jose) Reina, Suso, Dani Pacheco, Luis Suarez, (Philippe) Coutinho, Lucas Leiva and Jose Enrique.

"I'm calm, but at the same time I'm very emotional about taking such an important step in my career."

Liverpool have reportedly agreed an 8.5m euro fee for the striker Marca suggests.

Source: Sky Sports

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment