Latest News from Liverpool FC

Friday 13 September 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Echo: Bees send a Teix message

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Manage your social media

Best social media tool for image publishing to Facebook and Twitter. Look amazing and delight your followers. Get 40% off when you sign up today.
From our sponsors
Echo: Bees send a Teix message
Sep 13th 2013, 08:31

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Joao Carlos Teixeira is in line for a swift return to Merseyside when Brentford travel to Prenton Park this weekend.

The 20-year-old Portuguese midfielder joined the Bees on loan from Liverpool this week and hopes for a first taste of League One action against Tranmere on Saturday.

Teixeira, capped by Portugal at youth level, joined Liverpool from Sporting Lisbon in February 2012 for a fee reported to be in the region of £1million.

Although yet to make a first-team appearance for Liverpool, he's played 20 games for the U21s team, scoring two goals.

Brentford manager Uwe Rosler sees Teixaira as a young player who can enhance the team's creativity in midfield during a temporary assignment that runs until January.

Rosler said: "We have been following Joao for a while. We have not scored many goals so far this season and it is not down to the lack of opportunities. I feel we needed another addition to give us extra quality in the final third.

"We thank Liverpool Football Club for allowing Joao to come here, he will give us something creative we need, especially when teams sit deep against us.

"This is Joao's first loan spell and we have to be careful with him and look after him. We can see in training that he has enormous quality in terms of his work in the final third, releasing the ball at the right time. And he is a goal threat."

Teixeira said: "I will try to help Brentford, I came here to do my best and I hope I can improve here.

"The first seven months at Liverpool I was injured with my back but now I'm fine and I'm fit to play.

"I was playing U21s all the time but I need something else and I think I can find it at Brentford."

Teixeira has also already spoken to teammates at Liverpool about what he can expect in League One, starting with the trip to Prenton Park.

"I spoke with some of them and I think I will be fine here, I will enjoy it," he added.

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment