Latest News from Liverpool FC

Monday 16 September 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Sky Sports: 'I try to emulate Stevie'

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Compare Hotels

Find great prices for amazing hotels wherever your next destination may be. It's simple to search 100+ sites at once!
From our sponsors
Sky Sports: 'I try to emulate Stevie'
Sep 16th 2013, 09:59

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Swansea's Jonjo Shelvey says Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard advised him to remain at Anfield rather than head to south Wales.

The 21-year-old Romford-born midfielder left Merseyside in July in the hope of securing more first-team football following three years with the Reds.

Shelvey said: "I said to him (Gerrard) that I might have to go elsewhere to get football.

"He told me 'stay here, you'll get your chance' and it was great to hear that from him but I felt I needed to get away.

"You probably think I'm mad because that's turning him down to stay there but I felt I had to come away to play.

"I'm lucky that I've found my feet at a club like Swansea."

However, Shelvey paid tribute to Gerrard who he says has been a major influence on his career.

Shelvey added: "I've always tried to emulate him as a player. He has always been my favourite player but I suppose there comes a time in your life when you can't copy him. You have got to be your own player.

"I'm not going out there every game and saying 'I've got be like Steven Gerrard'.

"I play the way I play and if that's the way he plays, then brilliant because I'd be happy to have half the career he's had."

Source: Sky Sports

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment