Latest News from Liverpool FC

Monday 16 September 2013

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC: Echo: No regrets for former Red

News Media Watch from Liverpool FC
The Media Watch from Liverpool FC // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Fun with Brazilian Portuguese

Learn the tips and tricks to speak colloquial Portuguese in a natural and confident manner. Enroll today for just $69!
From our sponsors
Echo: No regrets for former Red
Sep 16th 2013, 09:57

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Jonjo Shelvey says he has no regrets about his decision to leave Liverpool FC for Swansea City.

The 21-year-old midfielder, who joined the Welsh outfit for an initial fee of £5million in July, will line up against the Reds in tonight's clash at the Liberty Stadium.

Shelvey made 69 appearances during his three years at Anfield but having failed to nail down a first-team spot he believes the time was right to move on.

He said: "You get a love for the club, Liverpool are in my blood and I will always look out for their result.

"I was there for three years and I had a great time at a great club with such a great history, I loved it there and I cannot wait to play them.

"When I moved my Dad said I was leaving one of the biggest clubs in world football to play somewhere else. But I felt it was something I needed to do.

"I didn't want to sit on the bench and just pick up money for not playing.

"Liverpool won the League Cup when I was there but I did not make the bench, and you feel like you are not there, even though you are happy and you get a medal, you feel like you are not part of it.

"I want to be part of something at Swansea.

"I wasn't pushed out of Liverpool.

"Brendan Rodgers said that I could stay and fight for my place, but it's not in my character to sit around and wait for an opportunity.

"I don't regret leaving because I'd probably be on the bench (at Liverpool). It was a massive decision, but I feel that I've made the right choice."

Shelvey has started all three of the Swans' league games so far this term and is relishing the prospect of facing his old team-mates.

"I'm excited, if anyone said they were not excited to face their former team then they would be lying.

"I have spoken to my Dad and people like that, and they have told me how important it is not to get too emotional about things and to try and treat it as any other game. That's what I plan to do.

"It will feel special, you are playing against your mates, people you are still in touch with.

"But I don't think I've got a point to prove to Brendan Rogers. I'm not going to go out there and try these Hollywood passes. I'm just going to play my normal game and not let the occasion get to me."

Shelvey is ready to lock horns with Reds skipper Steven Gerrard, his old next-door neighbour and mentor.

"It will be a bit mad facing him as I was living next door to him in Liverpool," he said.

"But I always said I wanted to play with him and against him before he retired, because if you play against him you can really judge yourself on where you are as a player.

"For me he has been the best player in this country for God knows how long, he is the complete midfield player."

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment